Tasty Low Carb Chicken Loaf
Make this tasty low carb chicken loaf when you want a special treat! Chicken is hard to get right sometimes. Especially if you want to save some for later. Chicken recipes, if not cooked just right, tend to dry out in the fridge. But this chicken meatloaf is moist, easy to prepare and stores really well!
Nutrition Tips For Low Carb Chicken Loaf
You can swap out the vegetable ingredients in this recipe to suit your own tastes. This chicken recipe was designed to be quick and easy to make, while also being tasty, and suitable for a balanced low carb or keto diet.
Chicken combined with low fat cheese and whole vegetables is a great way to eat high protein while also consuming less calories. This recipe is made with ground skinless chicken breast so it is higher in protein while being lower in calories and saturated fats.
If you combine a thick slice of this chicken loaf with a salad or steamed veggies, you’ll be getting balanced nutrition! I’ve added a little bit of chicken stock powder to the recipe to enhance the flavour, however if you’re watching your blood pressure you can substitute this for salt reduced stock powder.
I’d suggest using shortcut bacon as it’s lower in fat and calories, but will add to the protein count for the recipe. If you don’t have shortcut bacon available to you, you can substitute with turkey bacon or simply remove the fat from your bacon. I also suggest using a nonstick frypan so you’re not adding extra fat and calories. As you’ll see in the nutrition label for this recipe, there’s already enough natural fat.
Tasty Low Carb Chicken Loaf Meal Ideas
Once the chicken loaf is cooked you can have it cold or warm. Either way it’s delicious! You can use this chicken loaf to make low carb wraps or low carb bread for sandwiches. Cut the chicken loaf up into cubes and add it in your favourite salads, or put it on top of cauliflower hash browns for a simple tasty meal. Enjoy!
Tasty Low Carb Chicken Loaf
Yield 10 Serves
Make this when you want a tasty chicken loaf which is moist and easy to prepare! You can swap out the vegetable ingredients to fit suit your own tastes. This chicken recipe was designed to be quick and easy to make, while also being tasty, and suitable for a low carb or keto diet. It's a versatile way to get more protein into your diet with lower calories. You can combine it with low carb wraps or bread for sandwiches, use the chicken loaf in salads or put it on top of cauliflower hash browns for a simple tasty meal. Enjoy!
- 500 g Ground Chicken Breast
- 3 Spring Onion
- 2 tbsp Chicken Stock Powder
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Egg
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 100 g Bacon
- Preheat the oven to 180c or 360f
- Cook the bacon in a non stick pan and set aside to cool. Once cooled slice the bacon into smaller pieces to be added to the ground chicken mixture.
- Chop the tomato, bell pepper and spring onion into small pieces and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in the mixing bowl, including the bacon, until its a well combined mix.
- Using a silicone bread or loaf mould (or normal loaf pan) spread the chicken mixture evenly. If you're using a silicone loaf mould you won't need to oil the pan. If using a normal loaf pan, spray with cooking oil to avoid sticking!
- Cover the loaf pan with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Check after 45 minutes, if the centre is white the loaf is done.
- There will be juice around the edges.
- Remove the loaf by slicing it while still in the pan, and remove one slice at a time.
- Serve immediately or store for later.
- Allow the loaf to cool completely before storing in the refrigerator.
Courses Main Meal
Serving Size 1 Slice (1/10)
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 7.4 g
Saturated Fat 2.8 g
Cholesterol 65.9 mg
Sodium 297.8 mg
Total Carbohydrates 1.6 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 14.2 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Rate This Recipe In The Comments Below!