Healthy Caramel Swirl Cheesecake
Healthy Caramel Swirl Cheesecake recipe is a result of a Recipe Makeover I did to create a healthier version. If you want to see the step by step guide for How To Do Healthy Cooking Hacks Click Here.
I’ve removed most of the calories, sugar and fat from this cheesecake to make it a healthy dessert. The result is pretty good! This very simple caramel swirl cheesecake topped with nuts is the result.
This cheesecake recipe is done in two stages however each stage is only a couple of minutes. So the entire recipe only takes about 10 minutes. You’ll need to chill the cheesecake for at least an hour to get the best result.
I used apple slices and made this into a dip as the original recipe suggested. It was absolutely delicious! You must try.
After doing the recipe makeover I saved a total of 1315 calories, and as you’ll see in the nutrition label below, you can eat as much of this cheesecake as you like! The recipe is very low in sugar, fat and sodium. It’s also higher in protein due to the extra yoghurt. I hope you enjoy this healthy cheesecake as much as I do. You might also be interested in Ten Low Carb Diet Tips For Weight Loss.
Healthy Caramel Swirl Cheesecake
Yield 16 Serves
A healthy cheesecake alternative with swirls of sugar free caramel and topped with unsalted peanuts. The healthy cheesecake version is low calorie, low fat and virtually sugar free. It includes yoghurt as a healthy base, so you could eat this for breakfast if you wanted!
Cut slices of green apple and use this cheesecake as a fruit dip. You wont regret it!
- 1/4 cup Non Fat Yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp Molasses
- 1/2 cup Non Fat Pouring Cream
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 500 Grams Non Fat Cream Cheese (16oz)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Peanuts
- 4 Tbsp Swerve For Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup Swerve For Cheesecake base
- Make the caramel sauce first. Have the low fat cream and Xanthan Gum measured out ready to use. Also have a whisk ready (You can use a fork if you need too).
- In a small saucepan add the yoghurt, 4 tbsp serve and molasses. Stir the ingredients together first.
- Turn on the heat to medium and stir constantly until you see little frothy bubbles appear around the edges of the saucepan. (About 5 minutes). You just want the sweetener to be dissolved well. It should look a lot like caramel now.
- Take the caramel off the heat and pour in the cream. Stir for a couple of seconds. Then sprinkle the Xanthan Gum in and stir vigorously until there are not lumps left. Pour into a small jug and place in the fridge.
- In a jug add the cream cheese, vanilla and 1/2 cup swerve. With a hand held stick blender stir the cream cheese until all the ingredients are well combined. Pour the cream cheese base into a bowl.
- Take the caramel and pour evenly over the cheesecake base.
- Sprinkle with plain unsalted peanuts and refrigerate until you're ready to eat it.
Refrigerate for at least an hour for best results.
Courses Dessert, Snack
Serving Size 1 Serve
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 1.8 g
Saturated Fat 0.9 g
Cholesterol 9.5 mg
Sodium 5.5 mg
Total Carbohydrates 3.1 g
Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 4.2 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Leave a rating and tell us what you thought of this recipe!